A MESSAGE FROM RON KING REGARDING REOPENING
After weeks of planning, protocol training, and implementing enhanced safety measures that exceed state and federal regulations, we are slowly reintroducing services at Ron King Salon.
I’d like to provide in-depth detail about our reopening. I hope this transparency equips you with the necessary information to make the decision of when returning to Ron King Salon feels right for you.
First, I’d like to highlight some critical aspects of our employee requirements:
- At this time, we are recalling employees on a volunteer basis. It is not mandatory that service providers return to work.
- All Ron King Salon employees are required to certify they have not been in close contact with anyone who is/was COVID-19 positive to their knowledge.
- All Ron King Salon employees are required to have their temperature checked with a non-touch thermometer when they arrive to work. Any employee with a temperature of 100ºF or higher will be sent home.
- Employees will continue to follow strict sanitation policies before, during, and after each service and/or client interaction.
- Upon arrival at Ron King Salon, there will be additional safety and sanitation measures noted throughout the space.
- All services will be offered in a reduced capacity, in staggered appointment times, and with necessary modifications.
The following phases will be contingent upon feedback from employees and clients, our own and expert risk assessment of the spread and danger of the virus, and further monitoring of the COVID cases here in Texas.
Throughout every phase, we will exceed COVID-19 regulations provided to us by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation and ask that the following precautions, listed below, be met by our clients. If they are not, we will kindly ask you to reschedule your appointment to a later date.
Clients are required to wear masks upon arrival and throughout the duration of their reservation.
Additional guests, including children, will not be permitted. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Social distancing will be enforced — with the exception of the service provider that a client is scheduled with.
All clients will be asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to their reservation to allow time for an extended check-in.
Check-in will include taking the client’s temperature with a non-touch thermometer. If the temperature is above 100ºF, we will ask the client to reschedule.
Our concierge will verbally screen clients upon arrival and inquire about the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle pain/headache
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Feeling feverish
- Known contact with a person confirmed positive for COVID-19
Clients should bring minimal personal items to their reservation.
We encourage clients to bring their own water bottles but will provide water upon request in single-use cups.
As a business owner and fellow human navigating these murky waters, I know that reopening is a big step — one that will undoubtedly spark questions and concerns.
While I feel confident that our team has done (and will continue to do) an exceptional job in addressing every aspect of employee and client safety, I welcome any and all questions you have regarding our reopening.
The best path forward is to continue the conversation honestly, openly, and together as we move into these next phases.
We look forward to seeing you soon.